The Summit will be held in Monteriggioni (Siena) in the heart of Tuscany, and Borgo San Luigi, the official host conference hotel. The Summit includes a rich program of social events and networking opportunities with industry speakers from leading international companies, and renowned researchers from the scientific and technical worlds of Engineering and Agriculture. The program has Medieval Feast on 8 May, wine tasting reception scheduled for the evening of the 9 May, and daily traditional Tuscan lunch. There is a full companion program to nearby tourist destinations during the Summit. The meetings will be held at the Hotel Borgo San Luigi, as will most of the meals.
The location for the Summit can best be reached from either Florence or Siena. Conference room rates are in effect at Borgo San Luigi until room blocks sell out. Hotel accommodations can be reserved at the Borgo San Luigi and at nearby Hotels in Siena (20 minutes away).
Based on established criteria, all hotels listed below are ranked with 4-Stars by the Italian government:
- Borgo San Luigi – please email Filippo at firstname.lastname@example.org and book under IEEE IOT group. Please include your date of arrival and departure.
- Villa Sabolini Dimora Storica – please email Filippo at email@example.com and book under IEEE IOT group. Please include your date of arrival and departure.
- Four Points by Sheraton Siena – Please email Umberto Pomentale, Front Office Manager at Sheraton for reservation
- Hotel Executive Siena
- Villa Scacciapensieri – Google map of hotel
- Sangallo Park Hotel* – Google map of hotel
If you have any further transportation questions, questions related to wheelchair-accessibility or any other special needs, please email Adam Drobot – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Stefano Giordano – Email: email@example.com
* Sangallo Park is a 3-star hotel in the historical center of Siena.